Update from CEO Joe Myers
Happy New Year from everyone here at J. C. Blair Memorial Hospital! As we begin this new year, I want to extend my sincere appreciation for your faithful commitment and dedication to our healthcare system. Serving you and our local communities with the best possible healthcare is the driving force behind everything we do at J. C. Blair!
As a trusted supporter of the hospital, I want to share with you some of the good things that are happening:
- Our hospital board of directors along with the administrative team are continuing to work through the merger/acquisition process with Penn Highlands Healthcare. We received the first draft of the definitive agreement, reviewed the details with our legal counsel, and have sent the draft back to Penn Highlands with our suggestions and comments. The good news is that while there is work to be done on finalizing the agreement, we are still on track for the process to be completed by April 1, 2019.
- We are excited to welcome our new general surgeon, Dr. W. Matthew Harris to our community. He brings specialized skills in advanced laparoscopic, minimally invasive surgical procedures and will be a great asset to our medical staff.
- The board and administration look forward to working with our newly elected Chief and Vice Chief of Staff, Margaret Hallahan, D.O. and James Pruitt, M.D. Their knowledge of our local community along with their physician skills and experience will be an invaluable asset as we chart the next chapter for our hospital and health system.
- We are excited to announce the opening of our new endoscopy suite on the third floor, which offers a streamlined experience for patients and their friends and families, all on one floor.
- We are pleased to announce that as of January 17, 2019 the Convenient Care Center has been successfully accredited by the Urgent Care Association.
For our constituents in the Southern end of Huntingdon County, I want to let you know that we are diligently working on opening a JC Blair QuickLAB in Orbisonia. We are hopeful that it will be up and running soon and will be sure to keep you informed.
I know the past year has been filled with uncertainty as we have been working our way through the merger process, but I hope you will join me in my excitement as I look to the future! It is bright and full of possibilities for our hospital and health system as we continue to invest in equipment and enhance our services for our community.
As a healthcare community, we are honored that you entrust us with your healthcare needs and your financial support!
Joseph E. Myers
Ways of Giving
Charitable giving helps us to ensure quality of life in Huntingdon County
Gifts of Cash: Cash gifts are as easy as writing a check. You may drop off or mail your gift to the Foundation at 1225 Warm Springs AVE, Huntingdon, PA 16652-2350.
Honor or Memorial Gifts: Sometimes, when you want to show someone how much you care, it can be difficult to find the right gift to express your feelings. Consider giving a commemorative gift. This gift doesn't come in a box and it isn't tied with a ribbon. Click here to learn how to make an honor or memorial gift.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities: Giving appreciated stock is an excellent way to support the hospital's programs. This type of gift usually qualifies not only for an income tax deduction associated with all charitable gifts, but also eliminates capital gains tax. For stock gift instructions please contact Linda Carpenter at 643-8889 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bequests: Naming the J. C. Blair Memorial Hospital Foundation in your will may enable you to make a significant contribution that might not be possible during your lifetime. Click here for sample bequest language.
Life Insurance Gifts: An often-overlooked asset that can be used to fund a gift is life insurance. You can name the foundation beneficiary of a policy that is no longer needed for its original purpose or you can buy a new policy for the foundation's benefit.
Charitable Gift Annuity: In addition to a tax deduction, this type of gift also guarantees you a fixed income for life, partially tax-free. The dollar amount that you will receive is determined by your age and the age of any other beneficiary you name at the time of the gift.
Charitable Remainder Trust: A "CRT" can provide you (and your spouse, if appropriate) lifetime income and cash flow, a current income tax deduction, and provide important endowment funds for the future healthcare of the community. At the same time, you avoid all capital gains and future estate taxes.
- Kate Fisher Blair Associates - Kate Fisher Blair Associates recognize those who give annually to J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital Foundation
- 1911 Legacy Society - The 1911 Legacy Society recognizes individual donors who have named J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital Foundation as a beneficiary of their estate either through a will, trust, or other deferred or life income charitable gift arrangement.
For more information on giving, you can contact the Foundation office at (814) 643-8889 or email email@example.com. We're prepared to work with donors and their attorneys or financial consultants to assist with philanthropic interests.